World Nuclear Exhibition 2016 opens tomorrow
Following a successful 1st edition in 2014, the World Nuclear Exhibition will take place at Le Bourget in France from June 28th to June 30th. With a central theme, which could not be more topical: nuclear industry in the global energy mix.
At the end of COP21, participating countries agreed to limit global warming to below 2°C above pre-industrial levels by the end of the century. To achieve this ambitious goal, we need to to significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions globally, and thus introduce a low carbon energy mix. Civilian nuclear industry will be at the heart of energy transition.
WNE is the opportunity for all major actors of the nuclear industry to meet and share points of view. Visitors will get the opportunity to know more about civilian nuclear stakes and better understand how this industry is well positioned to help us reach our global warming reduction goals.
During WNE, among other events, panel discussions will gather most distinguished international speakers who will talk about topics related to the 2016 theme:
- Nuclear and renewables in a low carbon economy, presented by EDF
- Economic pressure and changing market conditions: what’s the best way forward for the nuclear industry? Presented by AREVA
- Safety, Quality and Project Delivery Certainty – Key Ingredients for any Successful Major Project, presented by Westinghouse Electric Company
- Pragmatic Management of the Back-end of the Fuel Cycle – a Pathway to Sustainability, presented by ROSATOM
- How new technologies can help improve the industrial performance of a nuclear project, presented by ASSYSTEM
- Building successful partnerships to face the challenges of nuclear new build, presented by ENGIE
- Specificities in nuclear project management complexities and challenges, presented by BOCCARD
- SMR: advances in technology, market potential, challenges, presented by CGN
- Radioactive waste management, presented by ANDRA
- Innovations for 21st century nuclear energy, presented by CEA
- Nuclear power development: a necessity to combat climate change, an opportunity for international cooperation, presented by CNNC